You can find me on Linkedin here. Select examples of my work include:
Innovative Program Design
- Lead a coalition of partners to design and successfully mobilize resources for The Roots Lab, a social innovation lab for young women's rights activists, and advised on the pilot implementation in Lebanon
- Developed a Regional Gender Program for Oxfam in Southern Africa, based on research and consultations with women's rights organizations and country teams
- Designed a multi-year program proposal for UN Women in Vietnam.
Management, Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Covered the maternity leave for the Co-Director of FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund; lead the organization's work on resource mobilization, advocacy and communications
- Lead on operational planning & designed a long-term growth strategy for FRIDA | The Young Feminist Fund
- Coordinated the development of the women's rights components of Oxfam's Strategic Plan
- Conducted an organizational mapping (utilizing surveys, interviews and desk research) to provide recommendations to Gender at Work on how to build knowledge, share learning and enhance impact.
Coordination & Building Networks
- Coordinated gender justice working groups across the Oxfam confederation to develop global programs, strategies and policies
- Worked with UN Women to build a coalition, create communications materials, and scope the potential for a popular mobilization campaign to encourage governments to adhere to the gender sensitive SDG targets
- Lead and coordinated volunteers to deliver a large scale social justice event for US based non-profits
- Organized communities of young adult leaders for local level change in Boston, Massachusetts
- Founded & lead Internationalistas, a global network of 2000+ women working on global justice issues.
Gender Advisory Support
- Provided advisory support to Oxfam on global campaigns and programs from a gender perspective
- Supported (one of the) deputy executive directors during the creation of UN Women
- Monitored and advised programs for UN Women with a focus on Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific
Research & Analysis
- Wrote a report on the impact of investments in the AWID (Association for Women in Development) Forum for the Foundation for a Just Society.
- Produced case studies and context analysis on gender equality in Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa
- Produced comprehensive guides for Oxfam staff on ending violence against women and transformative leadership for women's rights
- Researched, analyzed and provided program support related to gender, peace and security at UNIFEM
Training & Facilitation
- Organized a learning event in Southern Africa on working with men and boys to enhance gender justice
- Wrote blogs, communication materials and trainings to enhance Oxfam staff understanding of women's rights and gender mainstreaming
- Facilitated consultations with women's rights organizations and activists for UN Women in Vietnam